Lions club members are ordinary men and women who strive to make a difference in their local community as well as in communities worldwide.
Why should I become a Lion?
As a Lions club member, you can:
- provide support locally or reach out internationally
- grow personally and professionally by participating in our programs, community service projects and events
- have an impact on local and international humanitarian issues
- develop relationships with both local and international community and business leaders
- have access to membership discounts and services.
Interested in becoming a member?
Membership in a Lions club is by invitation from a local club. Please contact us for further information.
BEING A LION
Besides meeting on the 1st Wednesday of every month at the Riverbank House Hotel, club members belong to various committees that meet to arrange events, agree policies and set budgets. We also make time to socialise and enjoy a barbecue every July when we celebrate our summer holidays (we don’t have an official meeting in August but work continues all the same!).
Our Charter Night celebrates our anniversary – the 17th April 1979 – and we get together for dinner. Conventions (AGM’s) also give us an opportunity to meet with friends from clubs around the country. Wexford has hosted Convention twice with great success, in 1990 and 2014. This resulted in 100’s of visitors coming to Wexford.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A LION?
If our purpose “To take an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community” appeals to you and you would like to get involved, contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Facebook page.
It’s not all about collecting money, nor is it just a club who works at Christmas, although this is our busiest time of year.